Sunday, April 13, 2014

Easter Chick

Hello everyone! I dropped in today to show you another little Easter card. I have been seeing these shaker cards all over Pinterest and on various blogs and I thought I would try one myself. I ( Don't faint ) got out my Cricut and and cut out the window using the centerpoint feature. I stamped the egg, cut the top half off, then I used the top half as a mask so that I could add the chick from another stamp, then stamped it again and added the chick. I then used my markers and colored pencils to  color in the egg and chick. I fussy cut them out and glued them to another piece of patterned paper. To make it a shaker, I used  a small bag that "dollar stamps" come in and added the sequins. I used Score tape to adhere the whole thing to the back of the mat and glued it all down to the card base. I had so much fun with this that I ended up making two of them. I hope you'll try this yourself, it was really not as hard as it sounds. Thanks for looking!


    Supplies- CTMH: Cricut Art Philosphy", "Colored Egg" M stamp. S.U.:" Modern Label" punch, EK Success: Scallop Circle punch, Both ribbons and sentiments from my stash, Sequins from Hobby Lobby in the Easter section. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment