Tuesday, April 3, 2012

On the Fence

Hello everyone! Did you ever make one of those cards that you couldn't make up your mind about? You don't love it, but you don't hate it either. This is one of those cards. It all started with the paper ribbon I purchased at Hobby Lobby. I was playing around one day and ruffled it up and decided I would use it on a card. The whole concept was good to begin with and I had fun making the card, but when I finished it just didn't flip my switch like I thought it would. I sat it on the shelf and studied it for a couple of days,but just wasn't satisfied with it.

See what I mean? After day two I took it down from the shelf and started rippin'! Off came the ribbon, but I still wanted to keep the card so this is what I came up with.

Much better don't you think? Still not one of my favorites, but I'm satisfied with the second version. In keeping with the sentiment on the front, I stamped this for the inside.

What do you think? Thanks for letting me ramble and for taking a peek too!
Recipe-
Doilies stamp: Delicate Dolies, Stampin' Up
Outside sentiment: Studio G
Inside sentiment: Stampin' Up
Punched border: EK Success
Beaded trim: Hobby Lobby
Popped Doily(front): Triple Layer punch, Stampin' Up

1 comments:

Unknown

I do like the second one better but there is something fun about the first one. I totally get the love/hate thing too! I have a shelf those sit on too!! Love the inside sentiment. If I don't see you before, have a Happy Easter weekend!

Post a Comment