Thursday, January 5, 2012

Winter


Hello all! I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I had so many ideas for cards for Christmas, but now that it has come and gone I decided to focus on Winter cards. This is the first one, and although it looks more blue in the picture, it is really a pale turquoise color. I used a Cuttlebug folder for the mat then added some Sizzix die cut snowflakes that I cut from specialty paper. I also used some glitter paper for the white snowflakes, and a punch for the small one. I added a bow made with vintage seam binding that my friend Joy gave me (thanks Joy),some bling for the centers of the snowflakes, and made a stickpin from some beads bought at the flea market for $1.00 and cut apart. I also added some glitter glue to some of the background, though you can't see it very well. There you have it, my tribute to Winter! Living in the South we don't see snow too often, and I really miss it sometimes,LOL! Thanks for looking and listening to my rambling!
Recipe:
Cuttlebug Folder- Snowflakes
Large Snowflakes- Sizzix die 4 pc. set
Small snowflake- Marvy Punch
Glitter glue- Dazzling Details, Stampn' Up

1 comments:

Diane Hodrick

this is so pretty, Darlene. Your stick pin is fabulous...you put lots of detail on this and every one is perfect. We haven't had any snow yet this winter either and I don't miss it a bit.

Post a Comment