Sunday, January 29, 2012

First Valentine


Hey Ya'll! Just thought I would post my first Valentine of the year! I know, I'm supposed to be making Birthday cards, but this was a happy accident that could have gone either way. I was playing with my new punches and dies and ran across some pre-made cards that I purchased a while back at Walmart, and everything just kinda got thrown together and this is the result! I have really been trying to use up some of my scrap paper lately so here is another turquoise that I 'married with yellow this time. The bird and the flowers are from my new punch and die. I added perfect pearls to the flowers, embossed the background with the cuttlebug, and added some bakers twine and some vintage buttons from my stash. Thanks for looking and thanks for all your comments. I love hearing from you!
Recipe:
Tim Holtz, Tattered Florals Die- Sizzix
Build-A-Bird punch and cordinating stamp- Stampin' Up
Cuttlebug Folder- Script
Pre-made card- Pack of 8, Studio G
Flowers- made with Kraft Glassine from Tim Holtz Ideology line. You can view a tutorial here: glassine-ideas.html

3 comments:

Diane Hodrick

lol...could have gone either way...that just cracks me up for some reason....way to set the bar with your first card...you and Joy make things sometimes that look to me like they could be each other's work....not all the time, but sometimes...this is one of those cards....very pretty!

Unknown

Wow glad to see that you have made some headway on all those cards you need to make!!! The only lull i really have is in the summer but it picks right back up again in Sept... Oh well cant wait to see what else you create!!!

Sandi (daveshunny)

Vicki

I like your happy accident!

Post a Comment