Friday, August 5, 2011

Curtis' Birthday



Hi everyone! I made this Easel card for my Son-In-Law for his birthday which was this past Tuesday. My Daughter didn't tell me until Sunday about the birthday, and I told her I wouldn't have time to make a card. Anyway, he has been working late every night, which gave me time to come up with something to give him this weekend. The cow( which looks more like a bull to me) was cut from Birthday Bash, and the cupcake was cut from Doodlecharms. I embossed the mat with the cuttlebug folder, Birthday. The sentiment also came from B.B. I did some inking on the sentiment and the top of the cupcake,chalked some of the words on the mat to make them stand out more, and added some unraveled jute to the top of the cows head.Since this was for a man, I didn't add as much bling. I am entering this in the http://www.birthdaysundaes.blogspot.com/ Cakes and Cupcakes Blog Hop and in the http://www.whimsicalwednesdays.blogspot.com/ Challenge #16. Thanks for taking a peek!

11 comments:

Sherrie K.

I love your masculine easel card. This cow guarding that cupcake is just too cute:) You did a fabulous job on the color choices as well! Great job~thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kimberly J.

This is such a super fun card!!! I love that you used a cow!! :) Thanks for joining us this week over at Birthday Sundaes! :)

*Star

Such a great card! I love the colors and the Jute you added to the cow. :) great job on the challenge and thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday. :)

My 3 E Scrapbooking

This is a super birthday card! I LOVE the cow! The colors are perfect for a man's card! Thanks for playing along and hopping with us at Birthday Sundaes! I hope you'll join us again tomorrow!
Amber

Unknown

This card is super adorable. I love that cute cute cow, those utters have me cracking up !. I love the way you placed him on some patterned paper, really makes him pop! Great job with the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays.

Kristie W.

This is super cute!! Thank you for participating in Birthday Sundaes Cake & Cupcakes Blog Hop and Challenge!

Unknown

This looks awesome! Love your unraveled jute :) Thanks for playing over at Whimsical Wednesday.

Jens Craft Corner

Darlene, you have won the blog candy at www.jenscraftcorner.com!! Please send me an email. You can contact me through my site at the "Contact Me" button on top. Thanks! Congratulations to you!

Cindy Beland

WOW this card is FLIPPIN' CUTE!I LOVE the great fold and the sweet cow,To ADORABLE!Thanks so much for playing along at Whimsical Wednesdays!:)

Glora

This is FABULOUS! I love the embossing the cow, the sentiment, EVERYTHING. Beautiful job! Thanks for joining us for the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge! Hugs- Glora

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas

This is just perfect! Love the colours and the character. You did a great job of the easel fold. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday! x

Post a Comment