Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Good and Bad

Hello everyone! Well, the good news is Christmas and New Years have come and gone and now my house is back to normal. Bad news, It's Birthday Season! I have been scrambling to create some "Man Cards" for birthdays that are coming up the first part of February. Normally this would not be a problem, but( here's some more bad news )I have to have rotator cuff surgery done on my right shoulder on the 24th of this month! Been there, done that with my hubby a few years ago, so I know I will not be able to make any cards for awhile after the surgery. With that in mind, I decided to check my card stash to make sure I had enough birthday cards for a "baker's dozen", men and women. Well....Plenty of girlie cards there, but none for the male gender! Whew! I will still try to post after I recoup for a short time. If I can't make any new then I might re-visit some oldies but goodies and maybe even some you have never seen! 'Nuf said on the subject... This card was made for my Son's birthday. It is an accordian card, and the first of these I have made.I wet embossed the banner on the front, and used bakers twine for the strings. I also used a fairly heavy card stock for the card itself so that it would support all the candles and presents on the inside. It will have to have a special box envelope made in order to mail it, but it was alot of fun! Hope you enjoy, and I will be back in a couple of days with a new card. Thanks for looking and keep me in your prayers!
Supplies- Candles, presents and baloons: Birthday Bash, Outside sentiment- CTMH,"Artiste Collection-Birthday", Inside sentiment: CTMH- "Card Chatter-Birthday"

1 comments:

Tracey

Fabulous.....Love all the candles and rows of gifts! Perfect guy card, your son will love ! I would be the same as you......a stash full of pretty girl cards. Good luck with the surgery:)

Post a Comment