Saturday, June 25, 2011

Americana


Many years ago, I made a cloth flag out of muslin in which I used buttons for the white stripes. I thought I would do the same thing only using paper, ribbons and buttons. This is what I came up with, and I think it turned out pretty well. I used Stand and Salute for the flag and inside sentiment which says "United We Stand". Found some glittery ribbon leftover from Christmas, and used some of the buttons I found at a flea market not long ago. I used Plantin Schoolbook for the outside sentiment, and welded it on the Gypsy. Added some shimmer and a lttle bit of glitter to the stars and called it done. This is my tribute to "Old Glory" and all that She represents. It makes for a pretty hefty card if you were to mail it, so I think it will just hang out in my craft room on the shelf for me to look at! Thanks for looking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment