Thursday, August 29, 2013

Masking

Hello everyone! This month at training day with Close To My Heart we worked on the masking technique. I have seen so many cards in blog land with this technique, and have been wanting to try it. Oh course, it was a little challenging with a cast on my hand, but I got the job done and I think the finished cards turned out pretty well. I did all the masking and inking at our training session and finished them up at home. On the first one I knew exactly the stamp I wanted to use once I got the background done. I did have to cover up a boo, boo on this one. Can you see it? The second one took me a little longer to complete because I couldn't make up my mind on the layout, and then I couldn't decide which stamps to use and etc., etc., etc. When all was said and done, I went with my first original idea! Anyhoo, I had fun with this technique and I hope you enjoy! Thanks for peeking!


Supplies- First card: CTMH- Stamp "A True Thank You", All cardstock and ink, Shimmer Trim silver and black. Studio 112: Tree stamp, Bling from stash.
Second card: CTMH- "Moonlight" WOTG, paper, lamp post, spider and inside sentiment, Martha Stewart: Stamp "Elegant Witch", Bats and cauldron. EK Success: Bats border punch on inside frame.

1 comments:

Tracey

Fabulous cards....I didn't find the mistake (lol)..they look great. I forget about this technique, I must try it!

Post a Comment